Benefits of deburring
- Optically appealing, burr-free surfaces, especially on visible parts
- Precise assembly, as the workpiece fits into the intended joints and lies flat
- Easier further processing
- Uniform coating on the edges so that workpieces are fully protected against corrosion
Preferred file format: DXF for cut only and STEP for pressed parts
The file contains only the outline, no frames, no dimension lines, no title blocks and no labels.
CAD file does not contain blind holes, chamfers, or threads.
The lines are solid.
Outer contours are white and closed.
The etching layer is marked yellow, the white layer is cut.
General conditions for deburring
- Maximum sheet metal part size: 1500 x 1200 mm
- Minimum sheet metal part size: 150 x 50 mm from 2 mm sheet thickness
If you want to powder-coat/galvanise your component after cutting and folding, deburring is recommended in most cases.
When ordering your sheet metal parts, choose between one-sided or two-sided deburring. This prevents an uneven and incomplete application of the coating and protects the component from corrosion.
Galvanized and Zinc sheets should not be deburred as this will destroy the zinc layer. In the case of PVC-coated and brushed or ground sheet metal parts, only one-sided deburring is possible.